Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Raw Confession..

I have a confession to make. I am a thought Junkie. I am addicted to thinking. Seriously... My daily habit goes way beyond comprehension, especially my own, and I finding myself coming to terms with the fact that I am hopelessly out of control.

On a good day, most people dont even seem to notice. On a bad day, well.... I could be gone for hours. Daydreaming myself into perfect worlds of pristine forests, waterfalls, rainbows and butterflies, agonizing over how to make a million dollars or, bouncing from mental image to mental image, discecting the very fabric of the cosmic matrix.

I've been riding waves of unbelievable highs and devastating lows as I go about my daily construction and destruction of my present reality. I dart in and out, shoot up and down, and cross from side to side. If my thoughts were a ball and you were to follow its movements, you would say they were somewhat erratic.

Now dont get me wrong, I love to think. In fact, that is probably my biggest problem. Finding solutions to questions and problems fascinates me, but once i come to the logical conclusion, my mind races straight to the next question so that it can experience the inevitable thrill of finding the next answer.. The problem however, is evident only when I have taken off again on another space walk, before I have implemented the solution of my last pondering into my life. Before I have acted on it..

The intellect grows, the understanding increases and deepens, yet the circumstances remain the same.. In other words, I know what I should be doing, I know what would help me move out of the present situation into another one that I would find more appealing, but I am not doing that which I feel to do, and so therefore I remain in the same space of wanting, knowing, but not doing..

Can you see how my habit is affecting me? Besides being unable to string together a coherent sentence, I am yet to master the basics of my own life before I have already moved on, to far more complex issues. Issues which require a firm foundation to be built upon to reach them.

Can you imagine trying to put a roof on a house that doesn't have walls yet? It just doesn't make sense. Unfortunately, looking back, that is how Ive been running around in my own mind. Mentally attacking problems of world hunger, global warming, and the 2012 Mayan Prophecies before Ive even learned how to manage and live my own life effectively, on a daily basis.

Its ridiculous to think but I actually sit and imagine ways of transforming the world through the internet, when I am yet to transform my own life into something meaningful, beautiful, healthful, natural, conscious and loving.

How can I possibly think that I (yes, it's true) could rid the world of things such as chemical pollution, when I am still buying and eating chemically sprayed produce from the grocery store? How can I preach about the need to reduce carbon emissions, when I don't even turn out the lights when I am not in the room? Or when I drive my car when I know I could walk or ride a bike? Or when I buy plastic wrapped products and even still use plastic bags - even though i know how bad they are?

I mean, I don't even eat in the correct way that a land mammal of our physical make-up should be eating for optimal, natural health and vitality. After all these years of life on earth, you would think that of all the most basic of things, eating would be something that I would have down pat. But alas, its not true... Even though I know that eating only natural foods, consumed in their natural form are really the only form of "food" there is, I have only just returned to eating in that manner, even after "knowing" it for over 4 years..

The decision to become Raw for many people is a matter of health, to keep the body at its optimum level of nutrition and fitness, kind of as an insurance policy for the quality and longevity of ones life. Often its to reverse disease or the turn back the ugly side effects of a Standard American Diet(SAD). However, one of the added bonuses and best features of living and eating Organic Raw Plant Food is the low impact and positive affects it has on the health of the planet. For me these two ideas go hand in hand.

Naturally Healthy Body = Naturally Healthy Planet

The funniest thing is this; as we eat our way to a healthier body and life with Organic Raw Food so too are we literally are eating our way to a healthier planet. As we loose our addiction to cooked, processed food, plastic packaging and consumer based living, we are removing the very things that are, not only the root of our physical health problems, but the root of global warming and the environment...


So where was I? What was the point.....? Ah yes, the point...


As my mind wanders further and further into the unending field of possibilities, Im making a decision to begin at once to cut back on my obsessive thinking addiction.. No really... I am :o) Because the truth is I cant keep thinking about it - Ive got to do something about it

Im finding it more and more important to be here in this moment, adhering to the old adage: "Think Globally - Act Locally".... And not just to the first part of the phrase.... I've done all the thinking I can possibly handle.. Everything is here, waiting and ready, now.

Its time to act! Its time that I put into practice, all that I think I know, all that Ive read about, and all that I have thought, felt and thunk, if I am to ever see any real change... Beginning with my own life first....

So Im going back to Basics... No more riding high on the unending psychic plane. No more getting lost in the time-loop, chasing the eternal questions and answers of life for days on end. No more building roofs for a house with no walls. Its time to get down and dirty. Time to build a real, strong and sturdy foundation.. Time to bring the wisdom to the ground... Time to live it. Manifest it. Co-create it..

.....Everyone has quoted him so many times already that the beauty of his words can go overlooked, but Gandhi really must have been speaking directly to me when he said (in his indian accent)..... "Hey Babu, You have got to be the change you wish to see in the world. Dont you get it yet?."

And some barefooted guy so aptly followed him with: "Just do it."

So here goes..... Another day, right here and right now, working towards Saving the World, one bite at a time, with my fellow Raw Super Heroes....

You..!!


Ciao,
Josh :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment